An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Paralegal or newly qualified solicitor to work in our busy Private Client Department handling a full range of matters ranging from drafting Wills through to administration work.
About the firm
The Private Client team has a wealth of expertise in helping clients with a wide range of requirements. Members of the team are both fully accredited with the Solicitors for the Elderly and STEP as a result the team has an excellent reputation locally and is proud of its dedicated approach to its clients. This dedicated approach means that we are the firm of choice for many repeat business and client referrals.
You would be working within a team with full administrative and legal support and you will have the opportunity to develop your existing skills and enhance your own profile within this area.
For this role we are looking for an exceptional individual who is proactive, can work under pressure and possesses a high level of attention to detail.
There is scope within this role to develop your skills by taking a good level of responsibility on matters. We are open to paralegals who are wanting to proceed to the next stage in their legal training and CILEX trainees.
You will under supervision undertake the following responsibilities:
– Deal efficiently with all matters and tasks referred to you by the Solicitors and other appropriate Fee Earners in a busy department;
– Preparing and drafting documentation such as Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney;
– Assisting with the administration of estates, trusts and Court of Protection Deputyships;
– Continuously develop client engagement and be prepared to take instructions and where appropriate, advise clients in person, by email or over the telephone;
– Undertake research as and when required;
– Deal with new business enquires via email and telephone;
– Carry out other administrative tasks required;